Frank Topinka's Biography
177 Forsythe Farm Rd. ~ Northbridge, MA 01534
Office (508) 842-7636 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org ~ Home (508) 266-0000 ~ Mobile (508) 981-6946
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over twenty years “hands-on” experience in all phases of management, operations, production, sales, marketing, quality, and profit and loss. Visionary leader accomplished in strategic planning and implementation, possessing a clear understanding of the link between optimizing human performance and attaining the organization’s objectives. Accomplished entrepreneurial spirit in both startup and turnaround endeavors. Strong public speaking coupled with effective communication skills. Experienced in design and implementation of open book management, a process which makes employees business partners.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCENational Printer Repair Network 2007 – Present President
- Created The National Printer Repair Network, a consortium of like businesses providing quid pro quo services resulting in a 50% decrease in per invoice costs.
- Developed automated ordering system that measures service provider response times so continuous improvement is possible.
- Held recruiting webinar that saw 122 attendees and inquiries for membership from 35 companies.
Page After Page, Inc. (Shrewsbury, MA) 2001 - 2011President Responsible for all business applications and processes. Established company’s first forecasts and budgets which uncovered a major inventory discrepancy. Implemented lean manufacturing concepts in production environment. Transitioned company from a toner remanufacturer to managed print services (MPS).
- Reduced manufacturing head count by 50% while increasing productivity after lean manufacturing concepts introduced.
- Improved quality of main product by reducing variation resulting in an external and internal rework reduction from 12% to 1% and 45% to 4% respectively.
- Transitioned business from a traditional printer company to a respected MPS company transitioning 40% of its customers to MPS and initiated $82,000 per month in new MPS contracts.
McKenna Professional Imaging (Waterloo IA, Tempe AZ, San Diego CA) 1988 – 2001
Vice President of Operations Total responsibility for operations including marketing, sales, production, customer service, finance and accounting. Budget levels grew from $3 million to $15 million with over 300 employees. Established company’s first forecasts and budgets which resulted in increased profitability. Implemented and expanded call center from three to thirty-five stations to more effectively cover all 50 states.
- Drafted and implemented customer consultation service, gaining customer loyalty for 80 retail businesses, revealing links to financial potential. Resulted in changes that increased sales growth by 20%.
- Reduced rework in production from 200% to 25% in 120 days by implementing continuous improvement process.
- Increased gross profit at corporate headquarters from 41% to 56% by standardizing cost and performance systems and decreasing cycle time for product delivery.
- Created and founded telemarketing subsidiary that tied customer loyalty to parent company by improving sales for customers by 50% and adding a new revenue source for company.
- Initiated start up of subsidiary operation, accomplishing profitability at very low price point, contrary to industry expert advice.
- Turned around key customer group from adversarial to one of strategic partnership. This group generates 50% of one location’s revenue.
- Established first company-wide bonus plan that paid out $200,000 the first year.
Director of Marketing 1988 -1991
- Led management team through its first strategic plan, set goals on key performance factors, and improved cycle time of key product from 48 hours to 10 hours.
- Developed holiday promotion for customers that improved product sales 50%.
- Created and executed promotion campaign of spring specialty product that doubled product sales.
T-H Enterprises, dba Fotomat, Portland OR 1984- 1988 President
Owned and operated 75 retail stores in Oregon and Washington. Developed a business plan that raised capital for purchase of business from Konica.
- Initiated media campaign in concert with advertising agency, reversing downward trend of new business from minus15% to plus 5%.
- Created and implemented co-op marketing concept with Portland and Seattle businesses that increased sales 17%.
Fotomat Corporation, La Jolla CA 1974 - 1984
Regional Director, Portland OR 1980 – 1984Responsible for 300 retail stores within six geographic areas: Portland, Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake City, Reno and San Diego. Supervised 700 employees. Managed budget of $13 million.
- Implemented selling plan that resulted in 35% improvement of specialty product within region.
- Decreased employee theft from shrinkage levels of 5% to 1% by implementing comprehensive store audit program.
- Directed regional management performance plan that increased sales 15%.
Administrative Support Manager, Fountain Valley CA 1978Managed two warehouses and data processing center serving over 800 retail locations in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Phoenix and Denver.
- Established warehouse procedures and performance measurement systems that reduced order errors 30%.
- Planned, developed and executed video rental distribution center in Chicago in six weeks, serving 350 retail locations.
Area Manager, Oklahoma City OK 1974 – 1978Accountable for 31 retail locations and 80 employees.
- Reduced employee turnover from 100% to 10% in 18 months by implementing enhanced hiring profile and performance schedule.
BA, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse WI
Managed Print Services, Strategy Development
HP Certified Sales Professional
Lean Manufacturing, The Lean Institute
The Total Quality Process, Texas A & M University
Quality, Productivity and Competitive Positions, Dr. W. Edwards Deming
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Covey Leadership Center
Establishing and Managing a Telemarketing Sales Operation, Drake University
In Search of Excellence, Career Track
How to Give Exceptional Customer Service, Career Track
The Controller’s Job in Today’s Environment, American Management Association
How to Create Newsletters, Padgett - Thompson
Management and Marketing Workshops and Seminars, Fotomat Corporation
Business Technology Association
National Printer Repair Network
International Who’s Who of Professionals
American Telemarketing Association
Photo Marketing Association
Professional Photographers of America
Great Game of Business TM , Southern California Network
Recharger World Conference
Fuji Five City Marketing Tour
Gathering of Games TM Conferences sponsored by Inc. Magazine
Photographer Conventions and Seminars
American Society for Quality – Spring Conference